Walchandnagar Industries Limited (India) supplies infrastructure and facilities for the production of the surface-to-air short-range Akash missile and the launching systems for Agni and Akash missiles for the Indian arsenal. It also manufactures the main thrust motor casing segment for the intercontinental ballistic Agni-V missile.
Walchandnagar Industries Limited (WIL) is a heavy engineering and project execution company with activities in the areas of aerospace and defence, mining and metals, power plants, and other hi-tech and engineering sectors. 1
In the financial year ending 30 September 2014, WIL generated revenues of Rp 6.4 billion (€ 82 million), resulting in an operating income of Rp 240 million (€ 3.1 million) and a net loss of Rp 124 million (€ 1.6 million). 2
Walchandnagar Industries Ltd.
3 Walchand Terraces, Tardeo Road,
Mumbai – 400 034, Maharashtra, India.
+91 (022) 4028 7110 / 2369 2295
WIL supplies critical equipment for India’s Nuclear Program, including infrastructure and facilities for the production of combustion chambers for the surface-to-air short-range Akash missile and the launching systems for Agni and Akash missiles. 3 For the intercontinental ballistic Agni-V missile, WIL Aerospace department manufactured the main thrust motor casing segment. The Agni-V missile, which can carry a nuclear warhead of over one tonne, was test fired in January 2015. 4
The following financial institutions, all based in India, have made approximately USD 18 million available to this producer since January 2012.
- Lalitabai Lalchand Charity
- Life Insurance Corporation of India
- Olsson Holdings
- Reliance Group
- Rodin Holdings
This page was last updated 22 October 2015.
- Walchandnagar Industries, “About WIL”, Website Walchandnagar Industries (www.walchand.com/), viewed June 2015. ↩
- Walchandnagar Industries, “Annual report 2013-2014”, Walchandnagar Industries, November 2014 (www.walchand.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Year-2013-2014.pdf);
Thomson Reuters Eikon, “Walchandnagar Industries – Business info”, Thomson Reuters Eikon, viewed June 2015. ↩
- Walchandnagar Industries, “Defence & Missiles”, Website Wlachandnagar Industries (www.walchand.com/business-area/defence-missile/), viewed June 2015;
Walchandnagar Industries, “Overview”, Website Walchandnagar Industries (www.walchand.com/about-us/company-profile/overview/, viewed June 2015. ↩
- Walchandnagar Industries, “Walchandnagar’s Significant Contribution in the launch of Agni-V”, News release Walchandnagar Industries, 31 January 2015 (www.walchand.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/WIL-contribution-in-the-launch-of-Agni-V.pdf). ↩